Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the Team:
The Growth Marketing team is responsible for user acquisition and retention marketing across Crunchyroll brands. We have grown the successful Crunchyroll service to over 3 million paying subscribers and over 90 million registered users internationally. Our mission is to deliver premium video experiences to passionate fans. We strive to meet this mission in all marketing campaigns, and partner with creative, content, audience development, product, and analytics teams to do so. We deploy a $XX million budget against a wide array of paid marketing channels to drive conversion, brand awareness, and new users; and we run lifecycle communication crafted to engage, retain, and upsell our existing users.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.
- 4+ years of proven experience in ASO and paid mobile app marketing (experience in Google Ads and Facebook Ads required)
- Experience using third party mobile attribution tool such as Appsflyer, Adjust, or Kochava to drive effective campaign optimization strategies
- Demonstrated ability to hit revenue goals and drive post app install KPIs
- Analytical, results oriented, and attention to detail with the ability to tell a story using campaign results
- Strong Excel and quantitative skills
- Excited by a startup environment and passionate about entertainment and/or the online video space
- Kind, collaborative, highly self-motivated, and have a stellar work ethic
A day in the life of our Mobile Marketing Manager:
- Own strategy across ASO and paid marketing channels globally, managing a significant budget
- Execute campaigns across ad platforms including Google Ads, Facebook, Apple Search Ads, TikTok, and Snapchat
- Optimize campaigns as well as analyze results to help us determine how and where budget should be allocated
- Partner closely with our analytics team to measure effectiveness and to drive efficiency and recommendations
- Work closely with other teams to share takeaways from mobile app marketing and apply takeaways from other teams to campaigns within your channels
- Manage development of all creative assets (including app store assets and static/video assets used for paid channels) by working closely with creative team
- Collaborate with product team to develop app store assets with updated features while incorporating findings from ASO and paid campaigns
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.