Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the Team:
The Growth Marketing team is responsible for user acquisition and retention marketing across Ellation brands. We have grown the successful Crunchyroll service to over 3 million paying subscribers and over 90 million registered users internationally. Our mission is to deliver premium video experiences to passionate fans. We strive to meet this mission in all marketing campaigns, and partner closely with creative, content, audience development, product, and analytics teams to do so. We deploy a $XX million budget against a wide array of paid marketing channels to drive conversion, brand awareness, and new users; and we manage lifecycle communication designed to engage, retain, and upsell our existing users.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience working in digital marketing ad platforms such as with Google Ads and/or Facebook Ads, overseeing paid media campaigns, managing budget pacing, and optimizations toward performance goals
- Analytical and results oriented with the ability to tell a story using campaign results that deliver clear, impactful insights to a range of audiences
- Possess strong quantitative and Excel skills
- Experience with web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, Amplitude)
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working across teams, working with international teams is a plus
- Process oriented, collaborative, highly self-motivated, strong critical thinking, detail oriented, and have a stellar work ethic
A day in the life of our User Acquisition Associate Manager:
- Coordinate launching and optimizing campaigns across various marketing channels with a focus on Facebook Ads and Google Ads
- Project management of marketing campaigns including setting goals, managing project timelines, gathering assets, pulling and analyzing data, and presenting results to the broader team
- Ideate and execute A/B tests to determine best performing ad formats, creatives, and messaging
- Establish and maintain relationships with other departments as it pertains to the role, advising on paid media strategy as needed
- Evaluate ad performance and summarize findings to share with the marketing team
- Compiling and presenting weekly and monthly marketing performance reporting
- Coordinate day-to-day processes such as creating and updating tracking documents, maintaining Shared Drive, submitting creative requests, generating tracked vanity URLs, and maintaining calendars and roadmaps for key international marketing initiatives
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.