We’re looking for a unique mind, capable of blending a creative view with an analytical approach to lead our Features program for the Crunchyroll News team. Crunchyroll is the largest anime streaming service in the world, providing the greatest in anime to tens of millions of users around the world with more than 2M paid subscribers.
About the team:
The Editorial Team at Ellation runs an industry leading online news outlet and is accountable for the selection/presentation of promotional slots on one of the anime community’s most visited home pages - Crunchyroll.com.
Crunchyroll News is a leading source for online editorial content focusing on anime and manga. With more than 1M weekly pageviews and a proven record of covering breaking content, CR News is one of the anime communities most trusted sources in anime-focused journalism.
About the role:
This role will be responsible for day to day operations of the Features program. You will be leading a team of remote writers, and coordinating between these writers to curate, edit, and publish their work. This includes coordinating with our News team on setting publication dates and times for Features pieces. The Features Editor should demonstrate a sense of curiosity about which content forms outperform others and why. You will be a key player in helping to set wider Features strategy, and will be expected to collaborate with the wider Editorial Team on analyzing performance and making informed decisions on how to grow our readership.
A day in the life of our Features Editor:
- Establish a deep relationship with the Crunchyroll News readership by super serving our audience with content they want to read.
- Lead the feature writers by assigning stories, proofing their writing, scheduling their articles, and determining day-by-day publishing strategy.
- Keep up active communication with the feature writers and ensure they are equipped to produce requested content.
- Utilize any and all marketing tools at our disposal (social media, on-site programming, etc.) to ensure our articles reach the widest audience possible.
- Participate in strategic conversations with Editorial Team where you will be expected to take an active role in analyzing performance and determining future strategy.
- Take on requested feature writing as needed.
- 2-4 years of experience in an editorial and/or digital publishing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with timelines and deadlines of widely varying lengths.
- Strong interpersonal communication is a MUST.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple remote collaborators preferred.
- Curious and driven to discover which content performs and why.
- Experience with or ability to work autonomously and ask for resources or information when needed.
- Experience with or ability to work with analytics and data to support rapid growth.
- Strong sense of online journalism and trends in content types and storytelling.
- Love and respect for anime and its culture, as well as familiarity with fandom communities in general.