Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
About the Team
We are seeking an ambitious individual to add value as a Social Media Coordinator on our Audience Development team supporting Crunchyroll Games, the burgeoning mobile game publishing business division.The Audience Development team at Ellation is responsible for one of the entertainment industry's largest social media networks, totaling nearly 30 million followers across every major platform with continued growth far beyond industry standards. We hope to attract someone who is self-motivated, capable, and eager to learn. If you are interested in marketing, the mobile gaming and anime community, and interacting with our passionate and lively online following, this might be the job for you!
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and has strong judgment skills for on-the-fly decision making. This role will be representing the Crunchyroll Games brand through various social media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) on different platforms and will be responsible for maintaining quality and focus.
We expect the person in this role to be a fan of gaming and/or mobile gaming -- enthusiastic to play and become in-game experts for the properties that they will represent through an authentic voice on social. They will report to the Senior Global Social Media Manager and work with our Crunchyroll Games Social Media Strategist towards defined team goals involving awareness, engagement, and conversions in tandem with overall goals defined by the Crunchyroll Games publishing manager.
Candidates will need to show the ability to manage the daily social content strategy for multiple mobile game properties at once, in addition to fostering the development of larger engagement-focused campaigns. This position may be expected to tend to our social channels on nights and weekends on occasion. We are looking for someone who is a strong culture fit, highly motivated, creative, and excited to engage a passionate fan base.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
- 1-2 years of experience in social media marketing, or a related field (having a strong understanding of social media platforms, best practices, and authentic usage).
- Intermediate to advanced skills with visual design, including experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrate material growth in awareness, engagements and conversion targets (DAU, installs and revenue generated)
- Demonstrated experience working on successful, creative and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Experience with the use of analytics and data to support rapid growth.
- Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling.
- Ability to take direction and contribute to team goals.
- Clear and precise communication skills, excellent grammar.
- Respect for anime and its lifestyle and culture, familiarity with fandom communities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a focus in Marketing, Business, or
A day in the life of our Social Media Coordinator, Crunchyroll Games:
- Create frequent and compelling original content across social media channels utilizing common media formats including images and video.
- Develop and execute novel marketing campaigns on social media in coordination with the Senior Manager and Social Media Strategist for Crunchyroll Games, as well as other teams and departments.
- Regularly optimize and evaluate current strategies to fit the constantly-evolving social media landscape.
- Meet goals around audience growth and installs on a quarterly basis.
- Keep up with up-to-the-minute social media trends, as well as trends and insights from the anime and gaming community. Communicate audience knowledge to the wider team.
- Maintain Crunchyroll’s authentic tone and personality, while fostering relationships with fans and partners.
- Contribute to team goals around growth, engagement, and awareness, as well as individual goals around lead and revenue generation.
- Simultaneously grow awareness for game titles as well as the overarching Crunchyroll Games brand.
- Assist in asset organization and formatting promotional plans for licensor review
- Positively and accurately represent disparate franchises, company initiatives, and partnerships.
- Intermediate to Advanced video editing skills, including experience in Adobe Premiere
- Japanese language skills
- On-camera streaming experience (e.g. Twitch, YouTube, etc.)
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Dog-friendly office