This is a temporary Editor opportunity with an estimated duration of 6 months.
About the Team
The Editorial Team at Ellation runs an industry leading online news outlet and is accountable for the selection/presentation of promotional slots on one of the anime community’s most visited home pages - Crunchyroll.com.
About the Role
We are seeking someone who wants to shape the fan conversation around anime–someone who loves crafting exciting, fun narrative experiences that delight and engage.
At Ellation, the role of Editor is rooted in copywriting, editing, and content curation with a familiarity working in a content management system (CMS) as well as exposure to web/data analytics tools for performance tracking and growth. Reporting to and collaborating with the Editorial Manager, you will split time between maintenance/execution of our content placement calendar and copywriting - articles and editorials for news, copy for featured content, push notifications, email, and more! The key is making sure each and every piece of copy you write, no matter how big or small, something that will ignite the flame of passion in the hearts of our fans.
As part of a cross-functional team, you have the opportunity to organize the front page of Crunchyroll.com and deliver impactful communication to an attentive audience. We will lean on you to be a great writer, messenger of manga/anime as an art form, a student of the evolving anime industry, and a steward of the fans. Our services are often the first point of contact fans have with new anime titles–this role is an opportunity to guide the conversation of a global, deeply engaged fan audience.
Location: San Francisco
This role is located in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco. Our group of cross-functional experts assemble in San Francisco and collaborate internationally to create experiences for Crunchyroll, VRV, and Rooster Teeth’s passionate communities.
A Day in the Life:
- Maintain, execute, track, and test Crunchyroll proprietary website tools: Top Bar, Broadcast Message, Carousel, Featured Shows, Featured Simulcasts.
- Upkeep of Editorial Calendar: placement planning, performance tracking, and reporting.
- Copywriting for various engagement and retention initiatives including content/title marketing emails, newsletters/articles, in-app messages, etc.
- Coordinating advertisements and executing paid initiatives using Crunchyroll proprietary CMS tools.
- A great writer! Strong editorial eye.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in editorial/content programming, journalism, copywriting, editing or a related field(s) that provide a strong understanding of content curation, copywriting best practices, content publishing, etc.
- Confidence working in a content management system (CMS). Our CMS is proprietary.
- Experience with analytics and data to support growth, improvement of the status quo - Bitly, Amplitude, etc.
- In tune with internet culture and trends across content and storytelling.
- Familiarity with and/or participant in fandom communities (of any sort!) as well as a genuine respect for anime and its lifestyle/culture.
- Interest in manga/anime is a plus.
What’s with the name, Ellation? We’re all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we’re building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chișinău, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we’ve spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth’s diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.