About the Team:
The Marketing team is responsible for growth, retention, and brand marketing across Ellation brands. We have grown the successful Crunchyroll service to over 2 million paying subscribers and over 45 million registered users internationally. We aim to continue powering Crunchyroll’s growth and to replicate that success with our newer platform: VRV.
Our mission is to deliver premium video experiences to passionate fans. We strive to meet this mission in all marketing campaigns, and partner closely with creative, content, audience development, product, and analytics teams to do so. We deploy a $XX million budget against a wide array of paid marketing channels to drive conversion, brand awareness, and new users; and we manage lifecycle communication designed to engage, retain, and upsell our existing users.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing/Business
- 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing (experience with SEM, SEO, and/or Paid Social a plus)
- Analytical, results-driven, and detail-oriented with the ability to tell a story using campaign results
- Excellent Excel skills or the ability to learn Excel as it pertains to the position
- Demonstrated ability to think globally with an interest in international marketing
- Excited by a startup environment and passionate about entertainment and/or the online video space
- Kind, team-oriented, highly self-motivated, and have a stellar work ethic
A day in the life of our Marketing Team:
- Execute campaigns across digital marketing channels globally including SEM, Social, YouTube, Display, and SEO
- Optimize campaigns as well as analyze results to help us determine how and where budget should be allocated
- Focus on top-of funnel as well as downstream engagement and conversion efforts by managing a variety of campaign types: subscriber acquisition, brand awareness, content marketing, and mobile app install
- Partner closely with our analytics team to measure effectiveness and to drive efficiency and recommendations
- Work closely with other teams to share learnings from paid marketing and apply learnings from other teams to campaigns within your channels
- Support e-Commerce business unit and promotional campaigns
- Manage marketing creative requests by working closely with creative team
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate, and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What’s with the name, Ellation? We’re all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we’re building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chișinău, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we’ve spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth’s diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.