CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com), provider of the hospitality industry’s leading enterprise operations platform is seeking new team members across its organization to help it scale operations as it experiences record growth.
Since its inception in 1995, when the company created the industry’s first web-based back-office system, our platform has been adopted by the world's most iconic brands in the Restaurant, Cruise, and Leisure and Entertainment industries; and is in operation at tens of thousands of locations around the world. We combine the financial depth and stability of an established company, with a “there are no limits to what we can accomplish together” culture of a startup.
The CrunchTime Chief Customer Experience Officer (CCO) is a key member of the executive team who reports directly to the CEO. This position actively participates in the CrunchTime platform vision and leads the execution of the strategies with a focus on operational excellence and stellar customer service. This role is tasked with leading the Crunchtime Deployment Services, Customer Success functions, Support Services, along with all Learning and Development teams.
By setting comprehensive goals and objectives, the CCO leads and encourages maximum performance and dedication. This role is a high-visibility position, requiring persuasive communication skills and is representing CrunchTime and its mission both internally and externally. The position works with leaders across the organization to implement customer centric strategies. The CCO drives customer success, to include elevating the client experience, along with bringing the operations and strategy together to strengthen and expand CrunchTime’s offerings. The CCO has accountability for ensuring an excellent end to end customer experience, along with proving customer value, applying best practices, driving operational effectiveness, encouraging innovation, and building sustainable growth. The role will act as a partner to the CEO and CFO and will work collaboratively with the rest of CrunchTime’s executive team.
Strategy and Execution
- Acts as a strategic thinker on the leadership team and works closely with the team to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Collaborates with others to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and people, designed to accommodate growth objectives.
- Coaches and develops management to ensure they are delivering against key business initiatives and maintaining accountability for KPIs.
- Responsible for the operational efficiency and revenue generation across the CrunchTime customer success organization; and value creation for CrunchTime, its user community, and certified partners.
- Focuses on increasing customer renewals, using success metrics such as KPIs, increasing NPS, and by effecting upsell opportunities throughout the Customer lifecycle.
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges
- Represents CrunchTime with clients, prospects, and in other business partnerships / relationships.
- Defines and manages CrunchTimes customer success vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Plays an integral part in assuring that sales efforts regarding CrunchTime offerings is in line with current product status and short-term roadmap.
- Balances the need to deliver value and drive growth for CrunchTime with client needs and what is technically and operationally possible.
- Advocates with Product Strategy market / client requirements.
- Understands and acts as the client advocate throughout the CrunchTime Organization.
- Works closely with IT development teams, sales, and marketing, to ensure customer business cases are understood and client satisfaction goals are met.
- Champions continuous improvement (CI) efforts through culture-focused team building, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and application of methodologies.
- Motivates and leads high-performance management teams, while leading all employees to encourage optimal performance and dedication, as it relates to Customer Success efforts.
- Oversees the design and delivery of skill and knowledge transfer to leaders and staff on specific principles, tools and processes for continuous improvement (i.e., lean, six sigma), project management, and change management.
- Works collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls and procedures that impact overall efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, increase revenue, and improve control measures, while ensuring excellent client service.
- Coordinates across CrunchTimes operational business segments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall objectives.
- Creates an effective and ongoing strategy for anticipating and responding to customer needs.
- Fosters a success-oriented, client focused, accountable environment.
- Proactively increases client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Accountable for end to end customer service along with ensuring that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet strategic objectives.
Key Accountability Metrics
- Executes strategic initiatives within given timeframes.
- Meets annual budget expectations for all areas managed.
- Grows Customer Success services as targeted annually.
- Exceeds other metrics as determined.
Requirements and Must Have Criteria
- Leadership and Strategy: We are looking for a leader, first and foremost, who is strategic, inspirational, can drive sustainable change and who can deliver results. The person must have at least 10-15 years of experience with demonstrated success as a VP with significant operational accountability and progressively responsible management.
- Proven Track Record Delivering Excellence and Value to Customers: Proven ability to effectively manage end-to-end customer service operations to drive customer growth and retention is vital. Understanding the voice of the customer is essential to success. The person must be data-driven and analytical in nature. Experience using process-improvement tools such as Lean (Kanban preferred) and Six Sigma is highly preferred.
- Product Development Expertise: Experience in holistic product management from ideation to end of life with particular expertise with Software as a Service (SaaS) and other web-based software tools is highly desirable. Clear understanding of lifecycle management is necessary. Relevant experience working closely with Product Management and product software development is valued. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with Product Development to build a roadmap for the CrunchTime product suite.
- Staff Management and People Development Skills: Proven and successful track record recruiting, mentoring, and inspiring and empowering individuals with an ability to hold people accountable and to deliver superior performance. Excellent emotional intelligence and ability to identify their own strengths and gaps to maximize impact. Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively and to establish clear guidelines for accountability.
- Interpersonal, Communication, and Relational Building Skills: Ability to relate to and effectively work with a diverse group of individuals, groups, and people collaboratively and diplomatically. Proven ability to engage internal and external constituencies. The person must possess an uncanny ability to handle and to resolve conflict in a productive and direct manner. Excellent oral and written communications are necessary. The person must also exude high energy with a positive manner and a can-do attitude and excellent judgment.
Other Personal Characteristics and Experience
- Ability to simultaneously balance and adjust to multiple changing priorities and make decisions with speed and accuracy.
- A true team player who takes a collaborative approach with executive peers and other colleagues. Someone who is able and willing to regularly debate constructively, build consensus, and ultimately align around common objectives. A direct communicator who can foster the same among his/her executive level peers.
- A strong people leader who is willing and able to apply professional development techniques with direct reports, while always utilizing a cooperative and cross-functional approach.
- High level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in problem-solving, and implementing new programs related to increased departmental and organizational operating efficiency.
- Experience in aligning, scaling, expanding and sustaining innovative quality, safety and performance improvement initiatives that achieve superior results.
- Impeccable values, ethical standards, and a strong moral compass with integrity.
- Experience working closely with sales and marketing functions would be beneficial.
- International experience is preferred.
- Business savvy and financial acumen.
- Business Administration, or related discipline required. An MBA is preferred
Enjoy Excellent Benefits:
CrunchTime team members enjoy a competitive salary and access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance and vision plan
- Disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent and medical care
- Generous paid time off plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance for approved courses
- Commuter benefits, including parking reimbursement
- Friday lunch spread catered from Boston's top restaurants
- Bagel Tuesday's provided from Bruegger's
- Thirsty Thursday's featuring the best local craft brews and ales
- Stocked coffee from Starbucks, Caribou, Dunkin' Donuts, plus Bevi sparkling water
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Standing desk option
- Monthly local community volunteer programs