CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com), provider of the hospitality industry’s leading enterprise operations platform is seeking new team members across its organization to help it scale operations as it experiences record growth.
Since its inception in 1995, when the company created the industry’s first web-based back-office system, our platform has been adopted by the world's most iconic brands in the Restaurant, Cruise, and Leisure and Entertainment industries; and is in operation at tens of thousands of locations around the world. We combine the financial depth and stability of an established company, with a “there are no limits to what we can accomplish together” culture of a startup.
We're looking for a full time Software Architect that will provide the technical the guidance and work with development teams to build and maintain our world class ERP suite. The ideal candidate has full life cycle experience and a solid knowledge/balance of web technologies in both front-end and back-end application development. This is a senior technical position that is expected to provide technical excellence across critical elements of the technical stack.
* U.S. work authorization is required.
* Candidates local to Boston are preferred.
- Communicate technical direction and vision to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Perform analyses of requirements to design, document, and communicate technical implementations of those requirements. This design includes the physical environment as well as the software and data architecture as well as may involve modification of existing systems and/or the creation of new systems.
- Collaborate with the technical leads responsible for establishing software development standards that support the technical vision.
- Communicate extensively with members of project teams regarding status, options, and issues related to the technical aspects of systems under development.
- Collaborate with development teams on architecture and design considerations.
- Serve as technical leader and individual contributor by providing collaboration, direction and assistance to development teams for data design, technical design, and development as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support a variety of other duties including maintenance; troubleshooting; technical design, coding and testing.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Participate in release planning, establishing milestones and driving the delivery of the release as defined in the roadmap
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in 4 year program (preferably with a concentration in Computer Science or other technical program)
- Must have 8+ years of experience in Java
- Experience with providing highly available architectures with microservices architectures, concurrency patterns and understanding of building flexible, scalable, high-performing, extensible, testable systems
- Experience with event-based System of engagement architectures and integration with API exposing microservices
- Experience with leading development teams
- Experience with project management
- Must have exceptional analytical skills and strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear and organized approach to solving complex problems.
- Must be able to balance hands-on R&D with thought leadership
- Experiences with mobile application development for IOS and Android ( Xamarin, jquery) a plus
- Application integration using Single Sign-on Technologies (SAML, OAuth, OpenID) a plus
- Experience with open-source license compliance, security and vulnerability testing and remediation a plus
- Experience architecting enterprise-class business intelligence solutions in a commercial environment.
- Experience working with distributed teams or 3rd party development partners
- Strong work ethic with ability to succeed in a minimally structured environment.
- Flexible, resourceful, and creative in approach.
- Experience working with restaurant or hospitality systems is a plus but not a requirement.
CrunchTime offers a competitive salary, based on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision plan
- Disability insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance for approved courses
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement
- Generous Employee referral bonus
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch
- Monthly Thirsty Thursday
- Community volunteer program