CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com) is experiencing record growth and is looking for high-energy professionals who can enhance our organization and contribute to the evolution of our suite of world-class enterprise management products. If you possess the skills and the desire to be part of a team dedicated to industry leadership, we’d like to hear from you.
CrunchTime! is looking for a Database Architect with strong application development and operational experience. The ideal candidate is an individual contributor with a proven track record of successful operational victories and improvements, an ability to inspire, and passion for solving difficult technical challenges. The ideal candidate will be an expert in Oracle, but also have significant experience in other database technologies including cload-based database platforms.
- Communicate technical direction and vision to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Perform analyses of requirements to design, document, and communicate technical implementations of those requirements. This design includes the physical environment as well as the software and data architecture as well as may involve modification of existing systems and/or the creation of new systems.
- Collaborate with the technical leads responsible for establishing development standards that support the technical vision.
- Communicate extensively with members of project teams regarding status, options, and issues related to the technical aspects of systems under development.
- Collaborate with database development team and DBA team on architecture and design considerations.
- Serve as technical leader and individual contributor by providing collaboration, direction and assistance to development teams for data design, technical design, and development as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support a variety of other duties including maintenance; troubleshooting; technical design, coding and testing.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Participate in release planning, establishing milestones and driving the delivery of the release as defined in the roadmap
- Participate in the performance testing and benchmarking new Oracle features that can improve the CrunchTime! Application in addition to performance tuning the existing software and platform
- Provide technical leadership with non-core database technologies (MongoDB, MySQL, Snowflake and SQLServer)
Skills & Requirements:
- BA or BS degree, ideally in Computer Science
- 5+ years as an Oracle DBA in a Linux/Unix environment
- 10+ years Oracle experiencein application development and support
- Proven expert in PL/SQL programming
- Experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- DB and SQL performance tuning. AWR, ADDM, ASH, etc. Resource Monitoring (CPU, memory, I/O, RAC/ASM, etc)
- DBA level knowledge of Unix fundamentals and shell scripting
- Solid understanding of OLTP, OLAP, and BI
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented mindset
- Ability to motivate technical and non technical resources
- Proven experience with Non-Oracle database systems
- Experience architecting enterprise-class business intelligence solutions in a commercial environment.
- Experience working with distributed teams or 3rd party development partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong work ethic with ability to succeed in a minimally structured environment.
- Flexible, resourceful, and creative in approach.
- Experience working with restaurant or hospitality systems is a plus but not a requirement.
CrunchTime offers a competitive salary, based on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision plan
- Disability insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance for approved courses
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement
- Generous Employee referral bonus
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch
- Monthly Thirsty Thursday
- Community volunteer program
Candidates local to Boston are preferred.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.