CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com), a provider of the hospitality industry’s leading enterprise operations platform, is seeking new team members to help it scale operations as it experiences record growth.
Since its inception in 1995, when the company created the industry’s first web-based back office system, our platform has been adopted by the world's most iconic brands in the Restaurant, Cruise, and Leisure and Entertainment industries; and is in operation at tens of thousands of locations around the world. We combine the financial depth and stability of an established company, with a “there are no limits to what we can accomplish together” culture of a startup.
CrunchTime is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Point-of-Sale (POS) Integration team (Connex). The Connex team creates bi-directional real-time integration to every POS that our customers deploy. We are currently supporting 18 POS systems and processing almost 2 million guest checks per day. The Connex team moves quickly to add features to existing integrations and support new POS systems, our deployments occur weekly. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys integration, continual learning, and a fast-paced development environment.
While we have a preference for candidates who are local to our Boston office, we are open to considering a fully remote position for the right person.
- Design, develop, test, document and support:
- A highly available and scalable web services platform that processes and persists real-time updates from our customers POS systems
- On-premises integration software for Windows-based POS systems
- AWS hosted integration software for cloud-based POS systems
- Internal utilities, alerting, and monitoring technologies
- Solve problems using facts. Applies proven solution patterns and tools for given circumstance.
- Maintain and enhance complex Data Integrations and orchestration.
- Manage system monitoring and alert strategies to ensure system stability and improves its manageability.
- Manage code base and improve its expendability, recoverability and reparability
- Become a subject matter expert in supported POS systems and relevant CrunchTime functionality
- BA or BS degree, Computer Science preferred
- 7+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- 4+ years of Python or C# development experience
- Proven experience working with data transformation in both structured and semi-structured data
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented mindset
- Solid understanding of back-end, API (REST and SOAP), integration and relational databases
- Experience building and consuming both RESTful and SOAP based web services
- Experience with developing scalable, configuration driven software
- Proficiency in manual and automated testing
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to reverse-engineer undocumented systems preferred
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing services in AWS preferred
- Experience in SQL querying and database development preferred
CrunchTime offers a competitive salary, based on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision plan
- Disability insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance for approved courses
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement
- Generous Employee referral bonus
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch (in office only)
- Monthly Thirsty Thursday (in office only)
- Community volunteer program