CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com), a provider of the hospitality industry’s leading enterprise operations platform, is seeking new team members to help it scale operations as it experiences record growth.
Since its inception in 1995, when the company created the industry’s first web-based back office system, our platform has been adopted by the world's most iconic brands in the Restaurant, Cruise, and Leisure and Entertainment industries; and is in operation at tens of thousands of locations around the world. We combine the financial depth and stability of an established company, with a “there are no limits to what we can accomplish together” culture of a startup.
CrunchTime is seeking a Lead Performance Engineer to join our Performance Team. The Performance Team is a group of highly skilled engineers who design, test, and monitor the performance and scalability of the full suite of existing and future CrunchTime applications. They are responsible for developing methods and tools to measure and improve the performance, stability, and scalability of our products. A strong leader with a background in performance testing of various infrastructure, databases, and web-based applications is well suited for this position.
- Mentor and lead a small team to ensure projects and tasks are completed timely and effectively and provide feedback when needed.
- Profile all aspects of the software and technology stack using diagnostic tools to identify areas causing suboptimal performance, lead root cause analysis and coordinate recommended remediation steps across multiple departments.
- Develop performance and load testing benchmarks.
- Evaluate, design, and develop automation frameworks.
- Prove system stability and correctness in failure conditions.
- Integrate performance and load testing into our continuous integration process.
- Work with CrunchTime IT to tune performance throughout the hardware/software stack.
- Identify bottlenecks and assist CrunchTime Engineering with performance improvements.
- Define, own, and report on KPIs for application performance and scalability.
- Communicate performance testing results throughout the organization via static reports and live dashboards.
- Create systems to identify abnormal system performance and behavior.
- Collaborate with DevOps and Engineering across the company to share knowledge, tools, and best practices on performance engineering and scalability topics.
- Proven ability to identify performance issues as well as measure and improve performance.
- Expertise in researching tools and the ability to implement prototypes and deliver effective solutions quickly.
- Ability to lead a small team with previous experience mentoring and training experienced professionals.
- 6+ years of enterprise level performance engineering experience on high-traffic web applications and at least 1 year in a supervisory or lead role.
- 8+ years of Engineering, Performance Testing, and/or Automated Quality Assurance.
- Experience with Dynatrace (AppMon and/or Dynatrace) and other Application Performance Management (APM) tools
- Mastery of multiple formal languages (C/C++/C#/Java), scripting languages (Python/Perl/Bash), and databases (SQL/Stored-Procedures) with the ability to learn others quickly.
- Solid understanding of hardware (firewalls, load balancers, servers), software (databases, application servers), and operating systems (Linux).
- Independent self-starter who can prioritize competing responsibilities and multi-task.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Diverse data experience: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, NoSQL, Analytical
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
CrunchTime offers a competitive salary, based on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision plan
- Disability insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance for approved courses
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement (in Boston office only)
- Generous Employee referral bonus
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch (in Boston office only)
- Monthly Thirsty Thursday (in Boston office only)
- Community volunteer program