We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Design organization
Design is a passionate group of leaders across design, research, brand, and 3D environments. We craft the experience people have with Cruise – from how our self-driving vehicles look, to our software, and to the way people experience our brand. We’re solving the challenge of introducing self-driving technology to people’s lives with a commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
About the role(s)
- Brand Design - The brand design team is responsible for designing the key brand touchpoints for the Cruise brand: our cars, in-car experience, environments design, design assets for use in brand communication (advertising and web), employee engagement and internal communication tools. In this team you will leverage your visual design skills to shape the future of Autonomous Vehicles.
- Product Design - The product design team is responsible for every part of the product development process, from generating new product innovation to crafting the pixels. In this team you will leverage your range of product thinking, interaction design and visual design skills to shape the future of Autonomous Vehicle experiences through software.
Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Designing the wide array of touch points of the Cruise brand
- Exploring the possibilities of the new Cruise brand identity system: pushing its use and range of expression.
- Collaborating with the various stakeholders (product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists) across Cruise to bring the brand to life and implement designs to pixel perfection: product, marketing, employee experience, communications, recruiting, facilities.
- Design product and service experiences that are intuitive and exceptionally well crafted
- Refine your designs from concept to high fidelity prototypes
- Evolve and maintain components of our design system
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, continually raising our bar for quality
You may be a good fit if you have the following qualifications
- Working towards a B.A./B.S. in Product Design, Graphic Design, Brand Design or equivalent
- Strong interest in any or all of the following: product design, user experience research, psychology, autonomous vehicles, transportation design, the “gig economy”
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative to solve problems
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- You thrive in ambiguous environments
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Healthy breakfast, snacks, lunch
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site gym
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.