We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Embedded Systems Test team is dedicated to building test coverage for all the embedded software and firmware that is part of the autonomous vehicle system developed by Cruise. We work closely with software development, hardware, and systems teams to achieve our goals.
- Work with developers, systems engineers and product managers to create test plans and develop automated test cases and tools for requirements and product verification
- Design creative test cases to verify, stress, and break software running on the actual hardware
- Develop automated test cases in Python based on test procedures
- Find, characterize, debug and manage issues through resolution on hardware and in embedded software
- Develop internal tools to help other developers and testers use and test the product
- Develop tools to post-process data from test automation
- Communicate test results to product owners and internal customers
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Students pursuing a BS or MS in CS, EE or similar field
- People that enjoy learning about how devices work
- Ability to write Python code
- Good communication and written skill
- People that are passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- GitHub and git experience
- Familiarity with hardware
- Familiarity with automated test frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Robot Framework)
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.