We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Hardware in the Loop (HIL) team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining test beds (up to and including whole vehicles) for development and test of hardware and embedded software for our autonomous vehicles. Our systems improve the quality and reliability of our vehicle and the quality of life for the people who develop and test it. We recognize the importance of these systems and make sure these are well-funded. We are looking for Software Engineers to build reliable, sophisticated HIL tools supporting multiple development and test workflows. This is a small but growing team, integrated into the Embedded Systems team.
- Work closely with our Embedded Systems and Hardware teams to build hardware in the loop test platforms for testing and development of autonomous vehicle components and subsystems
- Develop, maintain, and document test APIs corresponding to hardware devices and automated workflows
- Participate in collaborative design of the overall HIL systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a STEM field.
- Ability to write and document clear Python 3 code
- Familiarity with Linux as a development environment
- Familiarity with revision control (esp. git)
- Projects involving hardware or embedded software
- Shell scripting
- Knowledge of CI/CD
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.