We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The FPGA / SoC team is responsible for all FPGA development at Cruise as well as the low level software that interfaces to it. As a FPGA Design Engineer, you’ll work with sensor interfacing, signal processing, and high-speed data movement for our current and next generation of autonomous vehicles. Your work will enable Cruise to build a state-of-the-art autonomy platform, including sensors, controllers, and embedded compute platforms.
- Develop high-performance digital logic for data movement, I/O interfacing, networking and embedded signal processing
- Architect our next generation of FPGA and SoC-based systems from concept to production
- Optimize digital designs for speed, area and power
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Deliver complex projects through incremental development
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Students pursuing BS, MS or PhD in CS, CE or EE
- Experience writing Verilog or System Verilog for FPGAs
- Experience writing C or C++, preferably for embedded platforms
- People that are passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Experience with Linux on Raspberry PI or similar platforms
- Experience with signal processing on FPGAs
- Experience with RTL simulators
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.