We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreams and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Possible teams you can join:
- Systems Test Engineering - Building and maintaining a fully autonomous vehicle requires significant departures from a normal vehicle in terms of assembly, calibration, configuration, and testing. The Systems Test Engineering intern will help test and validate equipment and processes for calibrating autonomous vehicles. This role is primarily test engineering but will also touch on system integration, hardware engineering, and software engineering.
- Mechanical Design Engineering - This team works with the calibration software team, sensors team, manufacturing/equipment engineers, and test engineers to drive calibration hardware development, including gathering requirements, designing components, validating designs, and implementing at scale.
- Fleet Reliability - Our team is the first responders for issues that occur in the field. We work with GM and suppliers to root cause hardware / firmware issues, develop and test solutions, and apply those solutions to the fleet.
- Vehicle Testing - This team is responsible for designing, coordinating and performing tests to ensure that our vehicle, its subsystems, and its components are achieving the high-level of performance expected of them to safely operate on the road. As a Vehicle Test Engineer, you will perform hands-on problem solving alongside your team, becoming the domain expert and go-to person for all things related to Autonomous Vehicle Testing.
- Help design and build equipment to bring up and calibrate autonomous vehicles
- Create and execute tests of AV processes and equipment
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, and integration issues on autonomous vehicles and their equipment
You should apply for this role if you have some of the following qualifications:
- Completing BS, MS, or PhD in Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Automotive, Industrial, or similar
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact.
- Experience in CAD/CATIA
- Experience with programming (Python preferred)
- Experience with sensors, calibration, and/or automotive field preferred
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.