We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreams and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Possible teams you can join:
- Fleet Reliability - Our team is the first responders for issues that occur in the field. We work with GM and suppliers to root cause hardware/firmware issues, develop and test solutions, and apply those solutions to the fleet.
- Hardware R&D Testing - This team is responsible for creating and execute tests to evaluate designs for next-generation Autonomous Vehicle components. As a Hardware Test Engineer, you will conceptualize test setups using 3D modeling (CAD), work with the prototyping shop to get parts built, and get hands-on in the lab to bring the tests to life. Your hard work testing prototypes will provide critical feedback to the design team at Cruise.
- Help design and build equipment to bring up and calibrate autonomous vehicles
- Create and execute tests of AV processes and equipment
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, and integration issues on autonomous vehicles and their equipment
You should apply for this role if you have some of the following qualifications:
- Completing BS, MS, or PhD in Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or similar
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact.
- Experience in CAD/CATIA
- Experience with programming (Python preferred)
- Experience with sensors, calibration, and/or automotive field preferred
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.