We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreams and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Possible teams you can join:
- Product Engineering
- Data Infrastructure
- Machine Learning Platform
- Mapping Engineering
- Ground Truth Engineering
- Design and implement backend systems to manage our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Develop APIs for client services and vehicle communication
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines to make ground truth data more accessible to ML engineers throughout the company
- Design, implement and deploy backend systems and tools to support machine learning workflows at Cruise
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self-driving car applications
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
You should apply for this role if you have some of the following qualifications:
- Pursuing BS, MS or PhD in CS, math, or similar field
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Node.js, Go, or similar languages
- Experience building modern front-ends using React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, or similar tools
- Bonus points for experience with Kotlin, Docker, Kubernetes, REST, AWS, or GCP
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.