We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreams and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About our Simulation Team:
We are looking for new grads to build reliable, sophisticated simulation tools for autonomous vehicle planning and control and benchmark testing.
Our Simulation team is responsible for building all of the tools we need to test and validate our autonomous vehicles performance and behavior before it goes out on the road. That includes tools to validate that our perception systems properly detect obstacles on the road, our planning systems are able to pick safe and efficient paths through the world, and that our controls systems can properly act on those plans. We help the entire engineering organization answer questions like “did this new deep learning model improve pedestrian detection?” or “is this new path planning algorithm faster?” or “how did the combination of this large set of perception, planning, and controls changes affect the vehicle's ability to safety and efficiently make left turns?”.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and build the simulations to ensure determinism
- Design and implement our simulations and replay testing frameworks which test our autonomous stack virtually
- Work closely with vehicle engineering to enable real time vehicle communication and feedback
- Optimize the performance of the simulations
- Interact with our QA & Autonomous Vehicle engineers to implement new features and improve the usability of our simulations
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience writing code in Python or C++
- Experience designing and deploying complex systems
- Experience with planning and control algorithms
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.