We're the driverless car company. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you’ll help align your team around a vision, turn that vision into priorities and documentation, and then execute. You’ll sit with our Infrastructure Engineering teams, and empower them to provide world class services for our company. We’re currently hiring people to work across our three technical product areas:
Leveraging our extensive data collection is essential to accelerating our development. You and your team will work on products that ensure we collect, process, store, and make available that data, across both real and simulated environments. You'll also build tools that enable others to extract insights from that data via tooling and shared infrastructures. Currently hiring for:
- Core Infrastructure - deploys highly scalable systems that support Cruise’s development, production, and operational infrastructure requirements. Specifically, we are looking for someone who is IT-focused. Experience transitioning teams to products like Workday, Netsuite, SAP, or other is crucial for this role.
- Data Infrastructure - builds the infrastructure to ingest, process, store, and analyze the many petabytes of data coming from our AVs, simulated tests, and real time services. Experience with data platforms and analytics is crucial for this role.
- Engineering Productivity - creates tools and services to build, analyze, and help solve the most complex AV development challenges. Experience with developer tools, build infrastructure, or test automation is crucial for this role.
- Data Science - models the relationships between the performance of our fleet and the engineering and capital resources that generate it, with the goal of increasing our safety and efficiency. Experience with supervised and unsupervised ML model training, model deployment, and business impact analysis is crucial for this role.
- Ground Truth - our one-stop service for on-demand knowledge needs that take raw data and transform it into machine-understandable knowledge that powers our metrics and models. Experience with data/task management and machine learning is crucial for this role.
- ML Platform - enables machine learning model development at scale, by building the underlying infrastructure that allows our developers to access, transform, store, train on, and learn from our petabyte-scale datasets with ease. Experience with applied machine learning is crucial for this role.
- Simulation - accelerates our development efforts by creating realistic simulated testing environments, to identify regressions and simulate edge cases. Experience with developer tooling and testing is crucial for this role.
- Mapping - provides navigational knowledge of the world to our AV via our HD maps that power AV localization, perception, and planning intelligence. Experience with mapping or other geospatial products is crucial for this role.
- Product Engineering - builds the components necessary to pilot and launch our rideshare and other business lines. This role will work on the infra-backend related requirements alongside our external customer-facing PMs. Experience with modern programming languages and APIs is crucial for this role.
- Help set the vision for your product area, to align your team and others around a strategy and the picture of success
- Prioritize and phase products, including defining clear success criteria and aligning stakeholders
- Develop and maintain product documentation, including product requirements, acceptance criteria, and a process for ongoing and rapid iteration
- Have technical discussions with engineers regarding approaches, requirements, and more
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, such as product integrity, legal, and cybersecurity
- Identify detailed implementation requirements, while understanding how a project relates to larger, company-wide goals to ensure we build the right products
- Rapidly prioritize and re-prioritize, so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- 5+ years relevant work experience in tech-related fields
- Strong grasp of engineering concepts to capture deeply technical requirements, and ability to translate them for non-technical audiences
- Strong communication, presentation, and client management skills across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software product throughout its lifecycle
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving customer needs
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Bachelor’s or higher in relevant field
- Work experience as both a software engineer and product manager
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.