We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
Talent acquisition at Cruise is comprised of a collaborative and dedicated team of individuals operating in a very fast-paced environment. We're looking for a Lead Technical Recruiter to help scale our growing engineering teams. We need experienced technical recruiting professionals who lead by example, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to guide, mentor, grow, and support others on the team so that each individual can perform at the top of their game.
What We Do:
On AV Recruiting, we help build the engineering teams focused on the research and development of autonomous vehicle technology. We help our team find talent with expertise in the complex decision-making that determines what our cars perceive in the world and how they behave on the road. We operate in the realm of Computer Vision, ML, Deep Learning and AI, 3D simulation, and software platforms which serve as the core framework for AV specific applications. We recruit for both domain specific expertise within sensor, radar and camera perception, path or behavior planning for our car, as well as software engineering professionals with practical design and development skills for large scale production systems across all of engineering.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Strategically plan and own a pipeline of exceptionally qualified candidates and maintain their interest throughout the entire process
- Lead and mentor a small team of recruiters and sourcers to help each other reach team goals
- Initiate and run with projects as needed to build processes to make recruiting more streamlined and efficient
- Share best practices and process, and teach others how to get the most out of their toolset
- Work with engineering managers and interviewers to understand their hiring needs and guide them on how to maximize hiring output for their team
- Use a data driven approach to identify areas for improvement within candidate funnels, interviewer accuracy, and closing
- Craft and distribute effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
- Build and maintain relationships with top talent
- Stay current with technology industry trends
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience as a technical recruiter in both startup and high growth companies
- Strong network of potential technical hires
- Ability to understand and relate to the startup and engineering mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable email and time management habits
- Ability to multitask and adapt to fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- Experience with reporting and metrics
- Experience with Greenhouse
- Experience working with external recruiters and agencies
- Previous experience recruiting in Computer Vision, VR/AR, ML, AI domains
- Previous experience leading a team
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.