We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
The Tracking team aims to determine the current state of the world around our car as accurately as possible. We need to keep track of all the different cars, bikes and pedestrians near our car in order to safely drive, and tracking is where this all happens. We consume detections from each of our different sensors (cameras, radars, lidars) and output a semantic understanding of the world. The complex urban environments we test in require us to also detect and track emergency vehicles, construction workers / equipment, many different animals, and all kinds of weird and wacky situations.
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C/C++
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self-driving car applications
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production quality code in C/C++, Java, Go, Python, or similar language
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C/C++ code
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar tools team for scripts or tools
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with CPU optimizations as a bonus skill
- Experience with TensorFlow and Spark as a bonus skill
- Experience solving tracking, localization or state estimation problems
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.