We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
- Derive, evolve and ensure successful execution of test & validation plans for in house hardware projects and any AV content that is not part of GM and or supplier responsibility. Help develop/execute R&D and mass production intent type testing hardware and software for in house hardware projects, sensor characterization, calibration and test
- Develop and maintain test plans/procedures/equipment
- Troubleshoot and root cause, document, develop tests for known failure cases, and drive issues to closure
- Work closely with GM test and development teams to ensure AV content is being tested and validated in line with product and business goals
- Support and work closely with the Safety Integrity and Systems Engineering team to aid in requirements & DFMEA creation and continuous improvement. Coordinate with GM release teams and facilitate knowledge transfer from R&D learnings
- Develop and own validation plan for autonomous driving system compute module
- Carry out engineering validation test (EVT) on in house hardware projects and coordinate between internal resources and outside labs for testing
- Develop testing methods and test systems for our autonomous vehicle fleet based on unique use cases and operating conditions to Cruise
- Develop inhouse test capabilities where it makes sense, else manage external testing activities
- 5+ years of experience with test engineering with proficiency in: test development, data analysis, test automation.
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical systems, automotive and robotics/automation sensors
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in developing test fixtures, accurate instrumentation, documentation of test reports for testing in-house or at external test labs
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Proficiency with statistical analysis on large datasets
- Experience with ROS/Python/C/C++
- Experience with Sensing Hardware and testing
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.