We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our team is small and we move quickly. We're currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world's largest fleet of driverless cars.
We are looking for a Learning + Development Management Specialist who’s passionate about how people learn and grow at work, to be the most effective and engaged version of themselves to help support their teams.
- Design and delivery of Cruise’s management development program, including personally facilitating, supporting Cruise managers facilitating, and supporting 3rd party facilitators to deliver habit-changing, popular, inspiring sessions
- Management curriculum includes: effective 1x1s, self-awareness, seeking and giving feedback, effective meetings, team performance, motivating different types of people, reviews, hiring, terminations, promotions, interview skills, nurturing team relationships, career development, coaching, workforce planning, onboarding, facilitating agreement, problem solving, sensing + resolving conflict, strategic thinking, vision-mission-roadmaps, getting to alignment
- Champion the program as an attractive must-have for managers (without it being mandatory)
- Occasional delivery and facilitation for other learning and development courses, such as general onboarding courses, interview skills trainings, presentation skills, meeting effectiveness, and manager development
- Create data-driven methods to evaluate and demonstrate the efficacy of the management curriculum. Respond to the results and iterate on the management program
- Research, write, and organize articles and guides for online teaching and learning
- Communicate the goals, challenges, strategy, and value of your work with the learning and development team and the larger People organization
- “Have your ear to the ground”. Build personal and work relationships with all departments to listen for the needs of the company
- 2+ years of management or leadership training experience
- Ability to teach, facilitate and coach others in sessions of 5 to 50
- Build a personal network of relationships within the company
- Rapport the respect of managers
- Quick and curious learner with new technologies, methods and work styles
- Willingness to set ambitious goals, and communicates early when encountering breakdowns and blocks
- Has an intuitive sense of successful classes, and ultimately looks to data-driven analysis to judge success
- BA/BS required
- Experience being a manager, or closely coaching managers
- Experience at a rapidly scaling tech company
- Interest in self-driving cars, of course
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- A work life of learning things and then teaching them
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.