We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Cruise’s Security Engineering team is looking for an experienced Project Manager to initiate, define and manage projects and drive project issues to resolution. We’re looking for excellent communicators with a passion for the security space to lead and manage ongoing security initiatives across teams.
- Provide project planning and support to the organization for security project initiatives involving integrated technologies such as network, applications, databases, multi-platform servers, and dedicated security capabilities
- Coordinate risk assessments, technology evaluations, and implementation of vulnerability management processes, security frameworks and systems
- Forge successful relationships with internal and external teams and all relevant stakeholders
- Track and provide regular communication on project plans, progress, needs, status mitigating risks and issues, and driving changes as needed
- Provide secure requirements as needed: Confidentiality, Integrity, and Authenticity to support Non-Repudiation including use cases with 3rd party transactions, as well as, internal transactions when the information is critical to vehicle’s safety (in-vehicle services)
- 6+ years of experience leading coordination of information security projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience managing user-facing security applications on a variety of platforms
- Able to initiate and drive security initiatives in a complex multi-project environment through to implementation phases
- Demonstrated knowledge of security concepts, architecture, and software development methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Multitasker, demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive tasks and issues to completion
- Analytical problem solving ability, able to infer and synthesize complex information into actionable insights
- Able to draw conclusions from data in order to drive projects forward, despite ambiguity or lack of immediate resources
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & ability to influence others
- Organized, highly attentive to detail and results oriented
- Bachelors' or Masters' Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience writing production-quality code
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.