We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
- Low noise circuit design and implementation to support analog and digital circuitry
- Implementation of high speed (up to 3 GHz) analog-to-digital converters
- Implementation of FPGA and microcontroller-based circuitry
- Interfacing FPGA to standard peripherals and microcontrollers via Ethernet
- Interfacing digital-to-analog converter outputs to hardware
- Completes the entire PCBA design cycle, including: component selection, schematic capture, simulation, layout, verification (bring-up, debug, testing, troubleshooting), and design/PCBA documentation
- Design bring-up and test procedures for electronic systems
- Perform root cause analyses and recommend corrective actions
- Conduct reviews of electronic systems and designs
- Recommend and implement best practices for analog and digital design
- Interface with mechanical, software, design, and quality assurance teams for product integration and reliability
- Write specifications and other relevant documentation
- Manage obsolescence of parts and according design revisions
- Qualified candidates must have a B.S. with 7 years of direct experience or M.S. degree and 5 years of work experience in electrical engineering and 5+ years of work experience with electronics
- Background in lasers and photonics and/or lidar is desired
- Experience with PCB layout & fabrication
- Experience with standard electrical engineering CAD tools for schematic capture, simulation, and layout (Orcad, Spice, PADS, Altium, or equivalent design tools – Altium preferred)
- Experience embedded programming for microcontrollers with up to 32 bits
- Familiarity with low noise drive circuits for lasers
- Experience with optical detectors and their output signal amplification
- Experience with analog and mixed-signal designs: low noise and/or high-speed (up to 3 GHz) applications
- Effective communication skills are required
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.