We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Operations Strategy Manager to help Cruise solve high-level strategic and operational challenges through research and modeling. This position will be tasked with helping to set our overall operational strategy and finding ways to improve long-term productivity. We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and present key learnings to senior executives at Cruise and General Motors.
Day-to-day responsibilities include::
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Cruise’s operations and business model
- Inform and develop Cruise’s strategic plan
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve Cruise’s operating performance
- Scope and drive high-priority, cross-functional projects for Cruise
- Build models and statistical analyses to inform strategic recommendations
- Work integrally with the Rideshare team and other relevant stakeholders to incorporate input and build consensus
- Present findings to senior leadership at Cruise and General Motors
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy while juggling multiple projects
- Self-starter with a bias for action
- Advanced modeling skills – extensive experience with Excel is a must!
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Expert story-lining and PowerPoint skills
- Effective communicator with ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong business judgment
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Confident and reliable
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Prior experience at a leading management consulting firm or investment bank
- Prior experience at a high-growth start-up
- MBA or equivalent from a top business school preferred
- Automotive industry experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.