We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a skilled Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to dive deep into our software, write code to automatically verify our quality, defining the test strategy, technologies, and implement new processes/tools to streamline our quality. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to raise the quality bar of our Autonomous Vehicle Software.
- Create test plan, test design, test strategy, and automate
- Create and support test reports/dashboards
- Efficiently execute test cases and prioritize based on changes
- Find, isolate, document, redress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality
- Maintain/Build test infrastructure
- Perform metric collections and analysis
- Test progress, metrics, issues and risks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role
- 3+ years of software development and testing experience, C/C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience writing test frameworks, test automation, and test cases
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
- Proficient with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Strong problem solving skills and utilize data to drive decisions
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including agile software development, use of source control management
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience with CircleCI
- Experience with Coverity
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.