We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to define specifications for development and validation of mapping features and technologies for autonomous driving systems.
As a systems engineer on the Autonomous Vehicle Integrity team at Cruise, you’ll have the chance to help define and test the HD Maps used by our Autonomous Vehicles to navigate safely and successfully in the real world. You will have a chance to work at the intersection of on-car and off-car technologies that build sophisticated maps for autonomous driving.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop feature, system and subsystem requirements for HD map gathering, labeling and distribution for autonomous driving
- Lead the development of and traceability of system requirements for testing and validation
- Analyze and negotiate requirements with internal and external stakeholders, trace their implementation throughout product development and integration
- Interface with QA and data analysis groups to monitor and feed performance back through the requirements to evaluate the quality and accuracy of the HD maps.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams in perception and motion planning to evaluate map dependencies to drive feature and system requirements
- Translate mapping system requirements and implementation architecture into testable sub-system level requirements and verification plans
- Lead problem resolution, tracking, and provide feedback on status to tracked problems
- Apply solid technical understanding, critical reasoning and a structured approach to solving problems in both familiar and unfamiliar domains
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant engineering field
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex system or software product requirements
- Ability to process a large amount of information flow, identify multiple parameters, interdependencies and inconsistencies to provide both high level systems overview and deep subject matter expertise
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a commitment to the tasks at hand
- Excellent technical and nontechnical communication & presentation skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high tolerance of ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Expertise in map modeling, Geographic Information Systems, (GIS) or satellite imagery.
- Experience with data querying and analysis tools/languages
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Skilled in cross functional team communication; scrum and agile techniques
- Experience with hazard analysis - system FMEA process, DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) or HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Study) for recording potential failure modes and planned corrective actions
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 to manage safety related requirements
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.