We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Cruise is looking for a Systems Engineer to define functional and technical requirements for feature development and validation of lidar, camera and/or radar sensor systems for autonomous vehicle applications.
- Develop functional, technical, feature, system, and subsystem requirements for the development and validation of sensor technologies (e.g., lidar, radar, camera)
- Provide engineering with detailed design specifications to support the development and validation of next generation sensors for integration into autonomous vehicles
- Lead the development of and traceability of system, subsystem, and component level requirements for testing and validation
- Analyze and negotiate requirements with internal and external stakeholders, tracing their implementation throughout product development and integration
- Support system FMEA process & develop DFMEA for recording potential failure modes and planned corrective actions
- Apply ISO 26262 to manage safety related requirements
- Identify technical and business issues, leading efforts to track and resolve them before they become engineering and operational challenges
- Apply solid technical understanding, critical reasoning and a structured approach to solving problems from first principles in, at times, unfamiliar domains
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex system requirements for sensor evaluation and characterization
- Strong knowledge of electronic/electro-optical products directly related to ADAS, LiDAR, radar, vision, and other sensor systems engineering for automotive applications
- Advanced practical knowledge of sensor fusion architectures and systems
- Experience with automotive active safety systems or similar safety systems
- BS or MS in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment that values driving highly ambiguous scenarios to well defined and thoroughly tested requirements
- Experience with robotics or autonomous vehicles
- Experience with automotive ECU, hardware components, embedded software, or automotive communication protocols (i.e. CAN, automotive Ethernet)
- Experience working in regulated environment
- Skilled in cross functional team communication; scrum and agile techniques
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!