We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Cruise is developing technology that will impact humanity for generation to come. We need a Copywriter that understands long form writing just as acutely as writing taglines. As a member of our brand team you will be communicating with the world and through you Cruise will tells its story. As a member of the brand team your primary role will be to create and maintain our brand voice. This voice will need to be reflected in many mediums. You will need to dive into understanding our technology and be able to explain to different audiences what we are bringing to the world.
Cruise is looking for a Copywriter to help us…
- Develop and maintain brand voice
- Communicate complex state of the art technology to a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to achieve communication goals
- Curate content for social media, press releases, blog post, Medium articles, high level presentation and other branded efforts
- Contribute to the ideation and create extensions of our brand while preserving the boundaries or what it is and is not.
- 3-5 years experience working as a copywriter, creative professional, creative writer, or nonfiction or technical writer.
- Experience in high tech company or creative agency preferred
- Thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Creative sense and good design taste
- Strong writing and communication skills capable of writing for a variety of mediums.
- Effective oral communication skills and analytical skills
- Bring a strong passion for our mission, excitement for our company, and pragmatism to the execution
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.