We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a skilled Senior System Integration Engineer to join our Autonomous Vehicle Hardware team.
- Develop and optimize world-class sensor suites for autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate with algorithm developers and hardware teams to architect sensing strategy for autonomous vehicles
- Developing various sensing hardware through the full lifecycle from specification to production
- Develop and perform R&D and mass production intent type testing of HW and SW for sensing hardware characterization, calibration and evaluation
- Improve and sustain reliable sensor testing processes through continuous integration, automated testing and design reviews
- Evaluate new and existing sensor technologies and their impact on system performance
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with sensor hardware in a design, integration or testing role
- Proficiency in tools such as Python / C++ / ROS and SolidWorks / NX
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to decompose complex engineering problems, breaking them down into manageable solutions
- Understanding of the complexities of scaling a technically sophisticated product including: demonstrated knowledge of technology development processes, ability to direct allocation of resources and staff, balancing technical requirements schedule and risk, and procedural and safety compliance
- Previous experience shipping a complex system at scale, while working in a highly cross-functional, interdisciplinary engineering team
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership, team direction and mentorship, planning distribution of workload, delegating, and unblocking obstacles appropriately
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with working in an R&D environment
- Up to 15% travel may be required
- Experience with the automotive industry
- Familiarity with processing large sized test results (statistical analysis)
- Experience with sensor calibration
- Experience with computer system architecture and high-speed communication standards
- Exposure to firmware design and/or real-time systems
- Strong knowledge of sensing hardware
- Familiarity with working in a mass production environment
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.