We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to lead the technical direction and architecture of critical projects, work with internal customers to understand and define complex requirements, perform code reviews, and mentor junior engineers.
Our team is building complex tools to support the development of our Autonomous Vehicles, which cover a wide variety of use cases such as vehicle calibration, fleet operations, mapping, and remote assistance. We primarily use Go and Node.js for our backend services, and React/Redux on the frontend, but we’re open to suggestions and always choose the right tool for the job.
- Architect and develop highly scalable backend & frontend software
- Own the vision and direction for performance, reliability, and deployment for all software developed by your team
- Explore and prototype new projects and technologies, then follow through by building out scalable solutions, deploying them into production, and ensuring flawless operation
- Contribute 50% hands on development and 50% lead/architect
- Mentor junior engineers on your team, and perform thorough and helpful code reviews
- Conduct technical interviews for candidates
- Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging, and performance/diagnostics measurement skills
- Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of Go, Node.js, or Python
- Experience building modern frontend systems using React + Webpack
- BS in CS, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.