We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to drive forward the next generation of Data Science tools and frameworks.
In this role you will work on a mixed team of data scientists and software engineers to design and build Cruise’s core ML platform. With this platform, scientists and engineers at Cruise develop and validate the models that allow Cruise’s AV to perceive and interpret the world. You will solve cutting-edge challenges around data and model lineage, performance monitoring of remotely deployed models, and statistical verification of safety-critical systems.
Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Provide Python data access abstractions for data scientists, statisticians, and ML engineers
- Design, develop, extend, and maintain data science frameworks
- Automate rapid signal extraction, model deployment, and lineage tracing
- Provide advice on code management and collaborative tools for data science
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong Python programming skills and ability to code swiftly
- Significant experience with at least one ML or distributed computing framework
- 3+ years experience using Spark
- Passion for correctness
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in math, physics, computer science, or related quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with Scala, Java, C++, and/or bash
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Experience developing data science tools and/or open-source work on the PyData stack
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.