We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
- Assist in creating APIs in perl/python to setup build flows
- Design and develop continuous integration solutions
- Develop and maintain internal release pipeline with automating code freeze and release notes
- Integrate additional tools into the pipeline (test automation, analysis and security tools)
- Interact effectively with tools to produce build needs
- Maintain and develop internal release tools suite for release activities
- Monitor builds/regressions and triage build failures
- Be on top of critical job runs and get code breakages fixed
- Be a vocal proponent for CI/CD health and builds/release quality
- Reporting, and enforcing improvements in code coverage
- Setting up and updating build/release infrastructure
- Solicit requirements and implement effective reporting
- Working with developers to properly version a new component with complex dependencies
- Working with infrastructure team to deploy new releases to an AWS environment
- Write effective documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in build and release engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience setting up and/or maintaining automated build system
- Enjoy experimenting with new technologies that will help the developer experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent debugging skills to root cause build and tests failures.
- Experience with building C/C++ code
- Experience releasing production code using technologies such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, and Github
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipeline.
- Expert level scripting in bash/python/perl is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of AWS or mysql databases.
- Working knowledge of Windows, MacOS and Linux and their development tools
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience configuring code-coverage tools such as CodeCov
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience with immediate problem resolution
- Experience with large scale data infrastructure
- Experience with mobile release across platform of iOS and Android
- Proficient building and maintaining toolchains
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.