We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineer in Ground Truth team to design and implement the computing technologies that enable Cruise’s Computer Vision & Perception teams to build their machine learning models and ultimately improve the safety of our self-driving cars.
We build web-based data annotation systems and scalable data pipelines, used by our on-site and remote labeling teams, to ingest, manipulate, and annotate multidimensional, multimodal time series data to produce ground truth for machine learning training and validation purposes. We also develop workflow management systems to measure the performance of our labeling teams, and analysis systems to track and continuously improve the quality of our datasets and the efficiency of our process.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Build web-based systems to annotate multidimensional, multimodal time series data and produce ML ground truth by leveraging both human and machine intelligence
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines to make ground truth data more accessible to ML engineers throughout the company
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where the immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible
- Desire to be a complete team player by independently performing ad hoc duties, as they arise, outside of the main role in order to complete projects
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience building network applications
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Have a track record of efficiently solving complex problems
- Experience writing in Go, ES6, Python, or similar
- Experience working with frontend technology such as react and redux
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Working knowledge of applied machine learning and 3D geometry
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.