We're the driverless car company. We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. Our team is small and we move quickly. We’re currently testing a fully driverless solution on city streets. We're looking for smart, ambitious people to help build the world’s largest fleet of driverless cars.
Technical Operations is the vehicle maintenance, repair, and refresh division of Cruise. The department will include autonomous vehicle (AV) maintenance technicians, engineers, technical publications, training coordinators, and continuous improvement.
- Define the vision and top-level requirements for the Tech Ops division to maximize safety, fleet utilization, customer satisfaction, and cost control.
- Establish a department and staff able to provide the facilities, equipment, and tools to manage AV fleets across multiple geographies.
- Ensure all company AVs are maintained in accordance with all regulations and company policies to maintain the highest standards of safety.
- Establish performance metrics, goals, and performance evaluation processes for the Tech Ops division, and ensure performance and dependability targets are met.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team (department managers, business representatives, subject matter experts, instructional staff, program developers) to research, design, develop, and implement effective training solutions.
- Analyze recommendations and initiate procedures for continuous improvement of maintenance methods and techniques.
- Collaborate with Engineering to Identify vehicle and data modifications that would positively affect Tech Ops key metrics.
- Direct the establishment of standard procedures for the overhaul, inspection, and repair of company AVs to be used across all fleet locations.
- Review and recommend all budgets and requests for expenditures submitted by maintenance personnel and participates in the annual budget development.
- Communicate with Cruise and GM executives, as well as other pertinent departments.
- 10+ years in operations/maintenance leadership roles
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects across markets
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Extensive automotive or aircraft fleet operations experience
- Broad aerospace product knowledge, specifically in the area of aftermarket, MROs and channel network
- Aircraft maintenance/planning experience
- Large scale fleet management experience (taxis, long haul trucking, other fleets)
- Experience managing a P&L, strategic customer relationships, or strategic marketing
- Green belt certification
- Competitive salary and benefits (401k, health / dental / vision insurance)
- Free rides in self-driving cars
- Ability to provide meaningful contribution that has immediate value add to an organization that will revolutionize the face of vehicles, driving, and technology
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.