We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The Computer Vision team consists of two teams: Visual Environment & Visual Detection. The Visual Environment team applies computer vision techniques to problems that require spatial and temporal understanding of our surrounding, such as detecting flashing lights on emergency vehicle, traffic light and human controlling traffic. The team works closely with visual detection, tracking and planning teams. The Visual Detection team finds objects and properties of objects from the raw camera images. This runs the gamut from using convolutional neural networks to detect cars, bikes, pedestrians, debris, vegetation, construction, etc., using geometric information from the map and other sensors to enhance our understanding of these objects, and working with the sensor fusion teams to use our detections and aggregate them over time. We work tightly with the Lidar Segmentation, Visual Environment, and Tracking teams.
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C/C++
- Develop scalable solution to support model training and evaluation
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self-driving car applications
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production quality code in C/C++, Java, Go, Python, or similar language
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C/C++ code
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar tools team for scripts or tools
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with Embedded Systems as a bonus skill
- Experience with CPU optimizations as a bonus skill
- Experience with TensorFlow and Spark as a bonus skill
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.