We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreams and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer to help architect complex C++ software on our Localization & Mapping team.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self-driving car applications
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production quality code in C++
- Deep understanding of state-of-the-art visual and visual-inertial SLAM algorithms and techniques
- Experience on development and testing of numerical linear algebra, and optimization software
- Experience with Geometric Computer Vision, and Image Processing algorithms and software
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar tools team for scripts or tools
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with Python
- Experience with OpenCV, and Eigen
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.