We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a creative, organized, detail-oriented team member to develop software documentation, analyze engineering requirements, and perform risk and interface analyses.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Prepare software architecture and implementation documentation from code to support engineering and product integrity organizations.
- Propose requirements for implementations and trace up to system level requirements to ensure appropriate coverage of business needs.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- Software readability (C/C++, python)
- Professional industry experience in complex software systems or other related discipline
- Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Detail oriented
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software systems
- Technical writing experience
- Experience with transportation engineering or civil engineering
- Experience working in regulated environment
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.