We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.About the role:
We’re searching for experienced Technical Product Managers to accelerate the development of our autonomous vehicle (AV) software. Our team’s goal is to enable AV software engineers to build a driverless car as effectively and efficiently as possible.
We’re currently hiring Technical Product Managers to work with engineers developing all major parts of the autonomous vehicle software stack:
Localization is the system responsible for determining the vehicle’s pose relative to our map and the real world.
Perception takes raw sensor input and uses it to determine what is happening around the car. They deal with a variety of sensors including LiDARs, radars, and cameras. The Perception team goes all the way from raw sensor detection, to sensor fusion, to tracking and prediction of all the different objects around the car.
Planning & Controls
Planning handles decision-making in all urban road situations, including collision avoidance, intelligent routing, unprotected turns, four-way-stops, lane changes, and more. The team’s job is to produce robust, general solutions that capture all the nuances of driving safely on the road. Engineers on this team develop algorithms and systems for handling complex maneuvers and road scenarios and write code that is clean, clear, fast, and reliable.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Build strong partnerships with AV engineers to drive all aspects of the technical roadmap: definition, prioritization & maintenance, and execution & delivery
- Gather and translate requirements into implementation details and success criteria
- Work with supporting teams to identify and develop capabilities that would accelerate AV software development
- Maintain the roadmap, ensuring priorities are aligned with program goals and engineering time is allocated as effectively as possible
- Collaborate cross-functionally to organize stakeholders, manage dependencies, communicate status, and execute as efficiently as possible
You should have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in science, engineering, or math
- At least 5 years experience across technology, growth companies, technical program management or product management including execution
- Demonstrated technical aptitude (meaning you’ve either written code, queried databases, built complex systems, or something similar)
- Exemplary communication skills: verbal and written, with engineers, non-technical stakeholders, and executives
- Comfort with ambiguity: apply structured, analytical thinking to new, undefined problems
- Scientific mindset: develop hypotheses based on data; adapt to changing facts
- Initiative and curiosity: keen interest in improving the status quo; going above and beyond to enable our teams and mission
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, complex electromechanical systems, safety critical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Experience writing C++ / Python / ROS
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.