We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
We're looking for experienced Technical Program Managers to coordinate and help drive development of the on-vehicle software that guides and controls our autonomous vehicles. Several intermediate and senior positions are available in our fast-growing team.
We’re currently hiring people to work with the following teams:
Localization Systems is the team responsible for determining vehicle chassis pose in 6 DOF (x, y, z, yaw, pitch and roll) relative to a UTM map.
Perception Systems are responsible for sensing and processing information from the real world so our vehicles can safely navigate through its driving environment. Perception's software responsibilities are sensor processing, object and free space detection, tracking, classification and prediction. Perception hardware includes camera, lidar, and radar sensors.
Tracking Systems uses history to associate lidar, visual, and radar preprocessed data individually, and Multi-Sensor Fusion process uses this history to fuse each sensor data type together.
Prediction creates the predicted trajectory and interactions for each tracked object and outputs them to planning. The prediction process is part of the perception subsystem that consumes primarily tracked objects and anticipates (predicts) actions and kinematics that surrounding road participants will take.
Route Planning / Maneuver Planning determines the desired vehicle behavior in the world. Planning specifies what maneuvers need to be conducted to navigate from Point A to Point B. It has knowledge of the rules of the road, where it is on the map and how to interpret information about traffic controls, road markings, etc. Its primary job is to rationalize the dynamic world with the known mapped world into a set of movement constraints and barriers to ensure the vehicle is controlled in a collision free, safe and efficient manner.
Motion Planning / Controls is responsible for implementing the final path from planning into the physical world. Often, the exact path from the planning system is slightly modified to account for the physics of the car or comfort of the passenger (e.g. the planned acceleration during a planned lane change will cause an uncomfortable jerk. The controls system may smooth out the acceleration profile). Ultimately, controls system performs low level longitudinal and lateral control by solving for desired steering angle and throttle/braking torque to track to the final path provided by the planning system.
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans
- Work with engineers to define project success criteria and objectives
- Work with and build relationships with 3rd parties and external manufacturers
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Refine processes & tools used by your team and its cross-functional contributors
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize all project documentation
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
- 3-5 years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Strong generalist, able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Experience writing production-quality C++ code
- Be supported by an experienced, empowered and trusted Program Management team
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!