We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We're looking for experienced Technical Program Managers to coordinate and help drive development of the on-vehicle software that guides and controls our autonomous vehicles. Several intermediate and senior positions are available in our fast-growing team
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans
- Work with engineers to define project success criteria and objectives
- Work with and build relationships with 3rd parties and external manufacturers
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Refine processes & tools used by your team and its cross-functional contributors
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize all project documentation
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
- 6+ years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Strong generalist, able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Experience writing production-quality C++ code
- Be supported by an experienced, empowered and trusted Program Management team
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.