We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The Lidar Segmentation team is responsible for estimating the location and characteristics of all dynamic and static objects that the car encounters. Cutting edge Lidar technology enables this team to provide a long range, high accuracy 3D estimate of the world the car operates in. This team leverages the efforts of high quality hardware, mapping, annotation and infrastructure teams to build and deploy robust object detection software.
- Working with lidar software including firmware, drivers and processing software.
- Develop testing software and calibration for lidar systems
- Work closely with our infrastructure and vehicle teams in order to improve our lidar systems, performance metrics, scheduling, and other similar needs
- Be a key point of contact for lidar needs, infrastructure, and best programming practices within the company
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, EE or similar field
- 3+ years of professional experience coding in C/C++, python and working with sensor systems
- 1-2 years directly focusing on sensor software systems, development, support, testing and maintenance
- Experience with real-time and/or embedded systems is a plus
- 100% hands-on role which requires superb coding and testing skills and long-term affinity towards software and sensor development. Creating efficient and modular software is not an easy task. Doing that in fast paced environment such as self-driving cars does not make it any easier!
- Excellent knowledge of linear algebra, matrix operations, and non-linear optimization
- 5+ years industry experience working with Lidar, Kinect, or Point Cloud space
- Experience with Linux
- Background in sensor fusion
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.