We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Our vehicles utilize highly detailed maps as a shared state of the world, which allow them to make appropriate decisions in real time. Our map engineering team is responsible for generating, annotating, and deploying these maps to our fleet.
- Design and implement backend systems to manage high definition maps used by our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Build a malleable model of the world: our maps have to be highly accurate yet flexible enough to support continuous changes
- Help with scaling mapping operations (tools & processes) to dozens of cities
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Python, Go, Node.js, or similar languages
- Experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL or similar)
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience scaling back-end systems
- Experience working with PostGIS
- Experience with building navigation/mapping/routing tools
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.