We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, deploy, manage and improve critical security infrastructure services/tools for authentication and authorization, PKI, secrets management, logging, detection and more
- Design and maintain secure cloud (AWS and others) systems and networks
- Collaborate across the company to guide direction of autonomous vehicle security
- Research, design and develop solutions meeting internal and external security requirements and standards.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
- Partner with various teams throughout Cruise on technology initiatives to improve security and bring standard methodologies to our products and services
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience with physical and AWS, or other cloud infrastructure providers
- Excited by a fast pace, collaborative work environment where your contribution matters
- Can write defensive, maintainable code that solves real-world problems for our users
- In-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography
- Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations
- Advocate for security within the engineering organization in order to deliver the most secure autonomous vehicle platform
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- You are an entrepreneur, you love to build, prototype and break.
- Deep understanding of applying defensive infrastructure automation and attack prevention.
- Experienced with Docker security.
- Action oriented, analytical, troubleshooter, problem solver, motivator
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.