We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role
Our Offensive Security Team pushes the limits in a wide range of technologies and verticals. We need someone on our team that can help to push those limits even further. Our job as the Offensive Security Team is to out-think and out develop real adversaries, and our team is looking to expand our development capabilities. This role can include everything from creating DevOps-style infrastructure and developing in C++ for Windows, Linux, Mac, to Mobile / Web development. This role is perfect for those who are ready to stretch the limits of what is possible and operate in a creative, ever-changing environment.
During our assessments, we encounter unique twists on many common problems that modern software engineers face: How do we make our command and control infrastructure reliable and scalable? How do we secure the secrets that we obtain during an assessment? How can we automate some of the repetitive exploitation tasks that we do? How can we make sure our malware works when we need it to? This is where you come in!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Write web applications to help us collaborate during assessments
- Develop stealthy, reliable malware implants and command & control (c2) protocols
- Write applications to help us analyze and secure data that we collect during assessments
- Automate our red team infrastructure deployment processes
- Automate malware testing
- Refining and weaponizing exploits
- Leverage your expertise in components of the modern tech stack to help us exploit them (build systems, PaaS environments, container orchestration systems, data science platforms, etc.)
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience with both front and back end web application development
- React / Redux
- Experience building test environments for low level, IO heavy code
- Experience automating infrastructure
- Strong interest in security / breaking things
- Experience working in security
- Contributions to the community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Low level development skills (C, C++, ASM)
- Familiarity with operating system APIs / features that we could use to persist malware, escalate privileges, and evade detection (Win32_API, WMI, XPC, Systemd, etc.)
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest additions to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,