We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
As a Mapping Technician, you'll play an important role in bringing self driving cars to the world. Our specialized maps are required before we can put our self driving cars on the road. In this role you will help label our high definition maps and identify features (like lane locations and traffic control devices) so that our car understand how to interact in the world. The layers are added using a layers-based editing software QGIS (similar to Illustrator with the addition of spatial reference).
You should have strong attention to detail, good knowledge of how to use a computer, and good understanding of driving laws and behavior. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to work in a team setting. You'll be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
Relocation Assistance Not Available for this Role.
This is a W-2 position through our third party staffing provider. You will be an employee of the staffing provider and have access to health benefits, 401k, and more. Pay starts at $20/hr and is for business hours Monday through Friday (40hrs per week). Mapping Technicians are not eligible for OPT STEM extensions.
- Must be able to work at our San Francisco office during business hours Monday through Friday.
- Must work well in teams. You'll be working with others, and helping each other complete your projects.
- Must be able to think through complex traffic control situations, such as right of ways and intersection navigation.
- Knowledge of driving laws and basic navigation
- Experience with layer-based editing software, or ability to learn basic functionalities
- BS/BA degree a plus, but not required (particularly if you have art/editing background)
- GIS experience a plus, but not required
- Acute attention to detail is a must
- Existing work experience or military experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with technology
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.