We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for an experienced GPU Engineer to help enhance our GPU systems architecture and work closely with our Computer Vision team.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Develop high performance CUDA kernels for our vehicle's perception systems. Make informed decisions balancing GPU performance with the modularity of our perception software stack
- Propose solutions for reduced precision inference for deep learning (to be deployed on GPU)
- Identify bottlenecks and optimize existing CUDA kernels and libraries. Develop instrumentation where applicable so that others can benefit and quickly catch up on GPU profiling and performance monitoring. We do not want others to reinvent the wheel, it's about reuse and efficiency!
- Work closely with our infrastructure and platform teams in order to improve our GPU tooling, metrics, scheduling, and other similar needs
- Be a key point of contact for GPU needs, infrastructure, and best programming practices within the company
- 3+ years of professional experience coding in C/C++
- 1-2 years directly focusing on GPU programming. CUDA experience is definitely a plus, but similar technologies (OpenCL) are acceptable as well
- 100% hands-on role which requires superb coding skills and long-term affinity towards software development. Creating efficient and modular software is not an easy task. Doing that in fast paced environment such as self-driving cars does not make it any easier!
- Experience with real-time and/or embedded systems is a plus
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.