We're the driverless car company. We are building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. They encounter hundreds of unique traffic situations that we analyze carefully to ensure safety and reliability.
We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact. We're a small team, and we're moving fast. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us!
We are hiring Automated Vehicle Trainers to help us test and improve the performance of our driverless cars!
Hiring for the following shifts:
Day Shift: 6:00am - 2:00pm
Swing Shift: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Night Shift: 10:00pm - 6:00am
Must be able to work Saturday and Sundays
Location: South San Francisco
- Working in teams, taking turns between (i) driving (some manual driving but primarily monitoring the vehicle's behavior in autonomous mode and taking over when necessary), (ii) software monitoring and logging responsibilities and (iii) providing remote assistance
- Completing timely and detailed ride reports for our operations and engineering teams
- Testing other aspects of our driverless cars
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week
- Able to drive and/or spend time sitting in the car for 5 - 7 hours per day
- Able to focus on monitoring software in a moving vehicle
- Comfortable/experienced with technology
- Able to type 40+ words per minute
- Keeping calm and performing well under pressure
- Total team player
- Impeccable communication skills
- Excellent driving skills
- Licensed to drive in the U.S. for at least 3 years
- Must have an active California state driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Clean background check and drug screen
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Four years of work or Military experience
- Professional driving experience
- Start-up experience
- $23/hour + benefits options + 401k + some paid holidays
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Free rides in self-driving cars
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.