We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
We’re currently hiring TPMs, Senior TPMs, and Staff TPMs to work with the following teams:
Ground Truth is the team that powers machine learning at Cruise. We’re building sensor visualization tools that are used by thousands, automating large scale data production, and developing statistical procedures to ensure quality. Experience with data/task management and machine learning is crucial for this role. Bonus points if you have experience in UX / UI design.
Engineering Productivity creates a world-class engineering environment at Cruise, by building & deploying services which improve productivity, process, and culture. We’re building systems to run thousands of complex simulation tests of AV behavior at scale, and defining the build, release, and update process for a safety critical system that requires rapid iteration. Experience working on internal-facing tools and infrastructure is crucial for this role. Bonus points if you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and similar services.
Data Infrastructure accelerates our development efforts by leveraging our immense collection of data. We’re building the platform to ingest and process many petabytes of data, warehouse it, and provide tooling and services for the company to gain insights from it. Experience with microservice-based architectures, relational databases, and data processing tools like Hadoop or Spark is crucial for this role. Bonus points if you have experience with AWS or on-premises server infrastructure, and machine learning infrastructure.
Core Data Science increases the safety and efficiency of our technology using data, by modeling the relationships between the performance of our fleet and the resources that generate it. We’re building processes to verify our safe-to-launch readiness, designing autonomous ridehail service algorithms, and establishing commit-level performance testing frameworks for simulations and road exposure. Experience with supervised and unsupervised ML model training, model deployment, and business impact analysis is crucial for this role. Bonus points if you have experience with collaborative data science tools, class-imbalanced datasets, statistical estimation and A/B testing, and shipping production ML models.
Product Engineering is building the components necessary to pilot and launch our ridesharing service. This includes the in-car experience, rider platform (website and mobile), customer support, fleet management tools, our microservice-based backend (to communicate with vehicles and handle live telemetry data), and dispatch systems.
Core Infrastructure team provides perfectly aligned hosting platforms, deployment coordination, architectural consulting, and proactive support for Cruise’s development, production, and operational infrastructure requirements. We support everything from leading new office and data center build-outs, to hosting core backend services that power our fleets, to deploying the future technology needs of the business.
Mapping Engineering provides knowledge of the world to our autonomous vehicle (AV). We turn high definition LiDAR, camera, and location data into 2D and 3D maps, then augment the maps with semantic annotations to create a machine-readable representation of the world. The generated maps power AV localization, perception, and planning intelligence, and also serve a variety of other teams to power tools like remote assistance, fleet operations, and scenario testing.
ML (Machine Learning) Platform provides services to accelerate machine learning model development, enabling efficient experimentation and safe deployment at scale. Our products allow customers to access, transform, store, train on, and learn from our petabyte-scale datasets with ease.
Technical Program Managers are responsible for the “when” and the “how of the program", and are held accountable for our teams delivering projects within the agreed upon timeline and requirements.
- Lead technical specification portion of product documentation, and coordinate Design Review process
- Maintain intimate knowledge of systems, and identify unnecessary complexity or unmet dependencies
- Turn requirements and product specs into implementation roadmaps, including identifying cross-team dependencies and balancing new projects with tech debt or other proactive initiatives
- Work with Engineering Managers to calculate capacity and estimate effort for upcoming plans
- Collaborate with Product Manager-Technical/Engineering Managers to prioritize projects based on constraints (e.g. Eng capacity, fixes required to meet existing SLAs)
- Drive the formulation of objectives and key results for subteams on quarterly basis
- Maintain company level planning
- Run relevant sprint meetings (planning, retro, etc.) alongside Engineering Managers and Technical Leads
- Shield teams from outside distractions and interferences to ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Attend relevant customer/other meetings to monitor progress, answer questions, and clarify details
- Escalate and coordinate with dependent teams to unblock work
- Maintain JIRA/Structure for team, including ensuring tickets are updated and tracked to resolution
- Document weekly status updates on progress towards deliverables, including identifying lagging work and monitoring project health
- Update company planning schedule as needed
- Monitor and flag ongoing risks, and address mitigation (where applicable)
- Ensure projects have appropriate tests and have been vetted for bugs prior to release
- Coordinate with Product Manager-Technical and Engineering Managers to ensure acceptance criteria have been met, and that projects/milestones are completed and delivered on schedule
- Validate non-functional requirements have been met, such as latency, performance, scalability, and cost
- Communicate schedule and progress to larger company program
- Monitor bug reporting; if bugs/issues, research root cause and drive resolution
- Ensure uptime and SLAs are being maintained
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans
- Work with engineers to define project success criteria and objectives
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Refine processes & tools used by your team and its cross-functional contributors
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize all project documentation
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5-10+ years of industry experience in fast-paced tech company
- The ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Experience as both an engineer and a Program Manager
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of programming language, for example, python, ruby, java, nodejs, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Experience in Simulated Testing Environments
- Experience in Security (Platform, Application or Network)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.