We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
Our Infrastructure team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal Platform as a Service which hosts our core backend services to control our fleet of vehicles, runs driving simulations at scale, and executes machine learning training jobs for our Autonomous Vehicle engineering team. We’re currently using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, and Spinnaker, but we’re also interested in your experience and suggestions.
- Set the technical direction for our infrastructure team
- Build systems that scale to manage hundreds of petabytes of data across multiple physical locations
- Manage our on-premise and cloud Kubernetes clusters to support growing workloads
- Design and implement best practices for security, monitoring, and logging systems
- Support our CI & Simulation infrastructure running on AWS GPU instances
- 3+ years experience in software or DevOps engineering roles
- Experience writing production software using Go, Python, C++, or similar languages
- Thorough understanding unix and networking fundamentals
- Experience managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software
- Experience with AWS, or other cloud infrastructure providers
- Ability to manage competing priorities, focus on shipping, and work well under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience managing physical compute, storage, and networking hardware
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.